Investor Relations Manager
Reports to: CEO
Location: Home working options available with occasional travel to Waltham Cross
Employment type: Permanent part-time role (10 hours/week)
Start date: June 2021
Company Profile & Role
Zero Carbon Farms (ZCF) is a fast-growing, data-driven, fresh produce company utilizing hydroponic, controlled environment methods to sustainably grow the tastiest, most nutritious salad products out there. We supply the UK’s leading wholesale and retail customers with salad products grown in our Clapham farm, and will be scaling our operations as we build a second farm by the end of 2021.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Investor Relations Manager part-time to provide a critical bridge between our Shareholder base and the Management Team. The Investor Relations Manager will work for ZCF 10 hours / week. The role will suit a candidate who is passionate about sustainability, ag-tech, and the food industry, with previous experience in a full time IR, Corporate Reporting, Fundraising, or Development role. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced environment, is extremely proactive and will work well independently.
The Investor Relations Manager will act as the first point of contact with all Investors, maintaining a database of over 1,000 stakeholders and providing information in line with the business’ overarching strategies and information inline with the business’ strategy and development. The IR Manager will oversee the Investor mailbox, fielding and answering questions; work across all departments to compile, edit and distribute high level bi-annual business reports; coordinate quarterly Shareholder webinars; and work closely with the Company Secretary and Head of Sustainable Growth (CEO) on all records and legal filings related to the company’s Investor Records.
- Provide an interface and strong communication between Investors and the business
- Work across all departments to compile information for bi-annual business and strategic updates to Investors; draft, edit and disseminate the reports to the shareholder base
- Develop and maintain a robust understanding of ZCF’s business and metrics, identify and track key themes and topics for investor discussion to inform the Management Team about trends
- Compile an Investor Relations update for the CCO to deliver at fortnightly Management meetings
- Coordinate quarterly Shareholder webinars, and work with the Management Team to develop content and messaging for these meetings
- Determine and maintain IR content for Corporate Website, working with the Marketing Manager
- Maintain a Shareholder database, ensuring information is always current and readily available to Management
- Manage and distribute the Investor Communications Calendar, ensuring deadlines are met and that the calendar is always up-to-date
- Sufficient experience in investor relations, development, fundraising, corporate reporting or other similar role
- Excellent communication skills, including written and presenting skills
- Comfortable communicating with Stakeholders
- Strong understanding of financial reporting, corporate finance, and generally strong business acumen
- Basic knowledge of the Controlled Environment Agriculture sector, with a desire to learn more
- Accomplished project and time management skills, specifically multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
Supervises: Currently no management required.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, reliable, persistent and calm under pressure, with a strong interest in sustainability and food. Desirable qualities in relation to working style and personal skills include:
- Integrity and intellectual honesty
- Prioritises well and a strong multi-tasker
- Financially literate
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Diligence in record keeping and data reporting
- Capability to work in a rapidly growing and developing environment
- Great communication skills and a natural team player
- Results-oriented self-starter
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google docs
- Passion for our Mission
Responsibilities are not limited to the above and can include additional duties as the business requires.
Salary commensurate with experience. Potential flexible working conditions. Employee pension, and cycle to work scheme available.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Those wishing to apply should send a copy of their CV and a cover letter to:
1A Carpenter’s Place, Clapham. London SW4 7TD