Greg has always had a passion for sustainable agriculture and food production, so joining the ZCF team was a no-brainer. He grew up in the beautiful Yorkshire countryside and spent the weekends and school holidays working on traditional farms, milking cows and picking strawberries, which led to him studying Agri-Business Management at uni.
As our Growing Manager, a typical day sees Greg walking the crop to ensure it is in peak condition, as well as checking that the environment and irrigation water are both optimum for crop growth. A lot of his time is spent looking at yield data and sales projections to ensure we are growing enough product to fulfil all orders, whilst minimising waste.
“The fun part is running the Research & Development area where we are testing out new growing technologies and techniques to optimise our process. Testing out new seed varieties for new product launches is also very rewarding.”
- Has his own small farm growing microgreens
- Enjoys cycling in the countryside
- Once met Celine Dion in a lift
- Favourite micros are wasabi mustard and salad rocket
- Has been known to drink a few beers
- Favourite food is pizza
- Favourite film is Avatar
- Currently listening to Bonobo and Celine Dion