E-Cargo Bike Delivery Rider
Reports to: Clapham Site Manager
Location: Pick up orders from Clapham, SW4 7TD, then drop off to various locations in London
Employment type: Permanent
Start date: September 2021
Salary/hourly rate: £11 per hour
Zero Carbon Farms (t/a Growing Underground) is a data driven, fresh produce company that supplies the wholesale, retail and food service markets with micro herbs and salad mixes. Utilising the latest sustainable technologies, ZCF is growing products in highly optimised controlled environments.
As we move towards completing more of our local deliveries by e-cargo bike, we are seeking a reliable delivery rider who is passionate about sustainability and the food industry. The role will suit a candidate who is happy to work flexible hours, is a confident cyclist and can represent our company to a high standard when interacting with our customers.
The candidate will play a key role in ensuring that local orders arrive on time and in full (OTIF). Responsibilities will include:
- Checking for and communicating any errors back to Site Manager and Farm Supervisor before local orders are dispatched to customers
- Completing all local deliveries in a safe and timely manner
- Representing the company to a high standard when interacting with our customers and making sure all deliveries are signed. Delivery notes should then all be scanned and emailed back to the AP team
- Making sure that the e-cargo battery is plugged in to charge at the end of the shift
- Making sure that the e-cargo bike is securely locked away and covered at the end of the shift
- Reporting any damage to the e-cargo bike and/or any incidents whilst on the road to the Site Manager
- Supporting the production team with packing salads into punnets & other farm duties when required
Responsibilities are not limited to the above and can include additional duties as the business requires.
- The rate of pay will be £11.00 per hour, exclusive of holiday pay (+12.07%)
- Initially, this role will require the rider to work approximately 8-10 hours per week split over Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Access to Employer Pension and Cycle to Work schemes
Those wishing to apply should send a copy of their CV and a cover letter to: