Come and see what we are up to
YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO
Feeling curious? Ever wondered what’s going on beneath your feet under the streets of London? Enter another world by visiting our farm. This urban farm is situated 33 meters underneath the streets of Clapham, London in a World War II air raid shelter.
Forget what you think a farm looks like and follow the pink glow…
- Explore the famous ‘pink’ futuristic farm
- Discover the fascinating history of the tunnels, how the farm came to be and it’s future role in a sustainable world
- Take home the freshest micro herb salad in town, picked straight off the farm. (This is not just any old salad these beauties will knock your taste buds into check with the added bonus of zero food miles!)
Will you join us down the rabbit hole?
While our farm is bomb-proof, it isn’t Covid-proof. Sadly, this means that until it is safe to do so, all tours are currently suspended. We can’t wait to welcome you back, hopefully in spring 2021!
- Once on site, we’ll talk you through the history of the building and the history of Zero Carbon Farms and how the two came together to forge our unique farm. We’ll also run through some of the boring stuff as the farm is an operational food production site, so we require everyone who visits to follow our safety and sanitation guidelines.
- After a brisk walk down 180 or so steps, we hit the changing rooms where we whip on hair nets, beard snoods and important white lab coats. We’ll also show you how to wash your hands.
- Once that’s done, you’ll see our packing & production area, hear about how we sow our seeds, learn what substrate we use & discover how we trick our seeds into thinking they’re in soil to get them to germinate.
- After that, it’s time for what you came for. When we make our way into the farm, you’ll get a chance to sample our crops while your guide rattles on about our lighting , irrigation and harvesting processes. Don’t worry though, there’ll be plenty of time to take pictures of our farm all dressed up in neon pink lighting.
- Before getting changed and slogging it back up those stairs, we’ll make sure that you all get a salad to take home or a punnet of your favourite crop.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Children under 14 years of age are not permitted onto the tours due to health and safety restrictions. Each member of your group must bring a photographic proof of ID along with their ticket to be permitted entry.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
There is no parking on site. Closest stations: Clapham Common (Northern Line), Clapham North (Northern Line), Clapham High Street (Overground Line).
What can I bring into the event?
A small bag, food is not allowed. We are a nut free site.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
You can contact us at email@example.com
What’s the refund policy?
You can cancel up to seven days before the event.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You either need a printed ticket or a phone/tablet with the PDF ticket for scanning.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
The tickets are non-transferrable. ID must be brought to allow you on site.
Our site is regrettably not wheelchair friendly. In addition, please be aware that the farm is only accessible via a lift or 180 steps. In the unlikely event of an emergency you may be required to walk up these stairs to return to ground level. If you have any concerns please get in contact or talk to your tour guide on the day.
How long do the tours last?
Tours last approximately 75 mins