Riley comes from an agricultural background – his family have a pig and arable farm in Yorkshire. He has worked in many different areas of the sector, including cereals, pigs, ducks, chickens, strawberries and foraging, before joining ZCF in 2018.
“I always look for a place of work that offers fulfilment. The company ethos was definitely an enticing factor, as well as the fact it’s 33 metres underground in an old air raid shelter… say no more, I was sold!
My day starts nice and early at around 6:30/7am. My role is essentially to act as coordinator on the farm and production. I aide the supervisor where needed and offer advice when it is asked for or required. I’m fairly hands on with production; I take care of the team and jump in where I’m needed, be it harvesting, packing or sowing. I make myself readily available should any of the farm ops need any help when completing certain tasks. I also communicate regularly with the growing and operations team to ensure we’re all on the same page and keep production running smoothly.”
- Trained as an actor, which is something he is still pursuing
- Loves to run, cycle, boulder and play football
- Favourite food is a good old Sunday roast
- Favourite micro is wasabi mustard
- Currently listening to Glass Animals
- Favourite film is Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri